Friday, September 26, 2008

Xavier's birthday






6 years old. On Sunday the 7th, we had a party with some of Derek's friends and their kids. We set up the water slide. I was afraid it was going to be too cold but the kids didn't care. It was nice to just kick back and not worry about entertaining much. Everyone had lunch, cake and ice cream then we had a pinata. I think that the kids all had fun. Then on the Friday the 12, his actual birthday, we had another cake with some of his cousins, Gramma Carlene, and Aunt Shamra. For a couple weeks leading up to his birthday Derek would say to Xavier "I want a DS" because that is what he wanted for his birthday. I am not sure why but now Vanessa calls Xavier DS. That is the way she pronounces his name. It is quite cute. He did get his DS from Derek as well as a new SpongeBob game from Mima, some clothes, and some serious cash. I know that when I was six I was lucky to end up with $6.00. I think he may have pulled in a good $60.00. And he never spends money. He puts it in his little bank and never thinks twice. I did take him to the store so he could get another game, Super Mario Bros. I am not one for playing video games but Derek has caught me a few times with that game. After putting the kids to bed I tried it out. Mario and Tetris are the only games I ever played when I was younger. Over an hour passed before I put it down. I have played it a few other times but it is almost impossible because Xavier, Eli and Vanessa all try to sit on my lap while I play so they can watch the 2 inch screen. Then try to tell me how to play and offer to "pass this part" for me. But now I will end with my 6 favorite things about Xavier

1. He is unbelievably protective of Vanessa. He gets mad at anyone who deems a threat to her. I overheard him telling his cousin. Don't take that away from my baby sister. He always helps her and hugs her.

2. He tries very hard to get things done right. When I ask him to do something like clean his room he does a very good job not just shove everything in the toy box. And often does it without putting up a big whine show before hand. He goes to bed without a fight too.

3.He sticks his tongue out when he is concentrating really hard and snaps his fingers while he runs.

4.He tells me he loves me all the time and that I am beautiful.

5. He is absolutely gorgeous. His eyes are so dark and intense. As his mother I dread his teenage years.

6.I love how shy he is but also how he is starting to really come out of his shell. Friends tell me how sweet he is and that they are surprised when now he actually speaks to them.

1 comment:

~Just plain ol' me~ said...

I'm loving the worm cake. Not to stress you out, but I think you might be worried for all of the teen years. They are all gorgeous!