Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Money, money, money.

Yeah, I have none. I so understand why the prophets talk about staying out of debt. We don't have much other than the house but it is enough to be annoying. I have bought a few things on credit figuring how much I will make and how long it will take to pay it off. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Derek's work schedule and pay schedule has been all thrown off because he did National Guard for a month. Now Genie is randomly closing for next week. I no longer have Ava b/c her mom is on maternity leave and Cael has been home sick. School started so Carter and Byron aren't here for full days so I don't charge them as much. So my pay has decreased quite a bit. Anyway my prayers for winning the lottery have not produced much. I probably need to buy a ticket but think of all the other people praying for winnings reminds me of the movie Bruce Almighty. But my prayers have been answered in other ways. Derek's pay came in one lump sum for the month instead of every two weeks so we had all the bills here at the same time. I pay a few online and write checks for all the others. The mail lady comes but only takes half the outgoing mail from the mailbox. I think little of it thinking I will put it in the mail again tomorrow. Derek goes out and buys all the rock and sprinkler parts. BUT, when they deliver the parts they brought all parts for the front and back yard. We asked only for the front. So we are charged about $300 too much. Had those checks gone out we could have had a problem. Most of them aren't due until the end of the month so I can hold onto them until we figure out what parts go back for a refund or get paid again. Still slightly stressed, I got a refund from the dentist. Turns out the insurance kicked in more than estimated so I got back part of my share paid. Sweet. Anyway it has been a week since then and I have been paid by a few other parents so we are back to norm. But it sure would be nice to not have a credit card payment. But at the same time it sure is nice to have appliances that were purchased with this credit card. Live and Learn. We are pretty much cash only now. Except emergencies which do come up. But as soon as we get reimbursed from the bank on our builders loan credit will be paid and we hope to build up our savings. I am just glad Derek and I aren't to worried about keeping up with all the worldly things.

No comments: