Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween

Eli is Mr. Bones, Alexandra Army Girl, Vanessa witch (wouldn't keep hat on) Xavier Motorcross Driver(didn't like helmet.)
As with many holidays I was ready to cancel Halloween. Trying to get everyone in warm clothing then putting costumes over them. Eli and Xavier both wore two pairs of pajamas under their costumes. Alexandra couldn't find any pants that didn't bother or make her itchy. Vanessa kept pulling on her dress trying to get it off. But we did it, we got ready and went. We went to Uncle Marty's first then Aunt Shamra's. Eli was dumbfounded after receiving his first piece of candy. That was it. All the hype about trick or treating and all he had was one peice of candy. I had to explain we had to go to lots of houses in order to get lots of candy. At 5:30 we went to trunk-or-treat at he church for fast candy and hot dogs. That ended by 6:00 and the kids were ready for more. After calling around Derek decided to meet up with Roy and his kids. We went with them last year. It was freezing but the kids didn't mind. Eli and I straggled behind so I tried to catch up by crossing someone's yard instead of going down the driveway, sidewalk and back up the other driveway. The neighbors door was 20 feet away straight line instead of 100 going around. Bad idea. The lady came out and yelled at me. I was so emberrassed. Of coarse I knew what sidewalks were for but she felt the need to remind me. It took me a little while to get over that. Anyway, the kids got loads of candy. Happy Halloween

No comments: