Sunday, October 28, 2007

Drill Weekend




Derek had drill this weekend. It is so much nicer having him go to Ephrata instead of Yakima. He doesn't have to leave so early, drive so far, and can come home for the night. This week they went driving out at the sand dunes. It was cool because I took the kids out and we watched them drive their course. Eli loved to watch the "big green trucks." Eli and Xavier really wanted to ride in them. I was a little wary when Derek said he wanted to join the National Guard with the war going on and all. I would hate if he had to leave. It has turned out ok. One weekend a month does come up pretty fast and he was gone for three weeks this summer but he really enjoys it and feels that he is learning new things. I think soldiers are awesome. I am just a little selfish about sharing him and our time together. His unit is not set to deploy for atleast a year. Hopefully, much later if at all. I must go now it is crazy early and I need more sleep. God Bless America!

No comments: