Sunday, November 25, 2007

Eli and the cats


From the day we got our cats Eli has been very attached to them. He carries them around, picks them up from their naps, pulls their tails and throws them holding just one paw. He traps them under baskets, boxes and in the closet. He pulls their fur and drops them into water in the bath. But when it comes to bedtime they always curl up next to him. Every night they get onto his bed and literally sleep on top of him. The other night he was sleeping under a warm blanket and Shadow was grooming Eli's sweaty forehead.
Eli still likes to hold my hair when I hold him or rock him at night. He hasn't been feeling well and has woken me up a few times to ask me for a handful of hair. He just holds it or brushes it over his face and then falls back asleep. The other kids have blankets. He never got attached to his the same. I guess his security is found in my hair. As sweet as it sounds it can be quite uncomfortable sometimes. i cannot believe that he will be three next month. He seems so much older most of the time.

No comments: