Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Days Gone By

Time is flying and yet I don't feel as though I have gotten anything accomplished. My kids are all bathed, fed and healthy except for the occasional sniffle. So I guess we are doing OK. It got cold, very cold where it doesn't get over 40 in the day so we have been stuck indoors. We try go go out but never last long. I took the kids down to watch Grampa Glade and Marty pour cement at the house. I do believe that my dad can work harder in one day than I have worked everyday in my whole life added together times 2. We are lucky to have him building our house. It will be built well and at a better price than imaginable.

The boys keep busy making forts and fighting a lot. Alexandra is busy at school. Vanessa is the biggest trouble maker I have dealt with. She climbs on the table, pushes everyone out of her way, empties drawers and cupboards, dumps cat litter, fights for toys, and can now open doors. So the kids used to be able to build and play without her by going in the room and shutting the door. now they have to lock it. But she is hilarious. Derek was wrestling with Eli on the bed so she climbed up and laid right nest to them. Every time Eli laughed or let out a squeal she would laugh too even though she wasn't actually part of the playing going on. I was thinking at what point does the cute little "momma" she say turn into the horrible "mom" my kids say. when she says mom it is so sweet. when everyone else says it I just think, what do you want. That sounds so terrible when I write it but there are days I think the word mom should be limited to 50 uses/day.

No comments: