Monday, October 1, 2007

Vanessa is One

Vanessa had her first birthday this week. The actual day was Wednesday but we had a little party for her Saturday. I am not sure why but I feel that birthdays should be celebrated on the actual day. I am not one for having a party the weekend before or after. Kimber and kids, Rolan and kids, my mom and dad, Shamra, and Derek and our kids all met for lunch at my moms. We had a 4 ft sub sandwich and delicious cake my mom made. Vanessa got a cupcake that she made a mess with. I am not sure houw much she even tasted most was squishing through her fingers and on the table and floor. But it was fun. She got some of the cutest and softest clothes as well as some toys. We got her a little ride on car. Eli took over and believes it is always his turn to ride it. Vanessa can hold her own though and doesn't easily get bullied around. She will put up a fight for a toy she wants. At her doctors appointment she weighed 22 lbs. She also had an ear infection. That explains why she doesn't sleep. Hopefully it will clear up quickly. She is so good and loveable. I love to watch her. Her dancing has advanced from just waving arms to bobbing head and bending knees or stomping in place. I need to upload some pictures to my blog. gotta go

2 comments:

Webster Family said...

I can't believe how blonde her hair is!!!! She is absolutley adorable. It is so funny that you started a blog, I didn't think I ever would, but it is kinda fun. Also, we had Brooklynn to the dentist last week, too....not as much excitement as you had, but she was terrified.....talk to you soon!!!

Dominique said...

What a great picture! She is getting so big. Can't wait to see all of you in March (if all goes well). Xavier had to have 7 crowns! His grandpa feels the pain. He just had one too. Give the kids hugs and kisses.