Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Family

I will be honest and say I was very hesitant about having to watch Shane's kids every day. Carter is 7, Byron 6, and Merideth 2. I haven't been around them much and they are attached to their parents so when we do have get togethers they don't interact with me. Carter has a loud voice and Byron seems destructive and rebellious and I never thought he would listen to me especially not obey anything I say. Merideth rarely got off her parents lap and never once came to me if I tried to hold her. However, it has been great and I love that I have gotten to know them better and that my kids can play with cousins. Carter's voice hasn't bothered me at all. Byron has managed to damage a few things but listens very well. Merideth loves to have me hold her. In fact she clings to me whenever any other adult comes around. She has started going to my mom and Shamra but would not at first. i hope they like being here as much as I like having them here.

I never had cousins my age around. I think we would see some of them once a year. So it is awesome that they have so many in town and we are blessed to live here close to them. I don't expect them to be best friends with all of them but to know you have a good friend around would be comforting.

I am so happy that I live nearer to my family. It was nice to be in Arizona near Derek's family and I do miss them but I love being near brothers, sisters and my parents. I do wish outside of family I had a friend or two. Don't get me wrong I have many people I consider friends but I would love to have someone who could use a friend as much as I could. Basically someone else who doesn't have a lot of friends either. I have been so lucky to have the friends that I have had in my life. Candace, Camery, Shiloh, and Callye. It is hard for me as an adult to make friends. Especially not working outside my house I don't meet that many people. When I do, they are already busy in their lives and have other friends. Do I sound lame or what. Maybe with Derek being gone. Anyone want to go see a movie Friday?? Derek has a million friends in town from high school and is always making new ones. Must be a guy thing. I do like all of the wives and girlfriends of his friends and love to have BBQ's. I am just beginning to not feel like an outsider as we sit around and chat.

Well, I guess I will just have to go eat worms. Tell me you remember the song. Nobody likes me everybody hates me guess I'll eat some worms. Big fat juicy ones, small skinny slimy ones.....(that's actually all I remember)

2 comments:

mumovearls said...

I loved the update!-n

Kimber said...

"Look how they wiggle and squirm." That's how it ends. In case you were still wondering.