Saturday, August 16, 2008

Two steps forward, one step back.

The only room to make into Vanessa's room is the dining room. Sounds weird but could really work. I cannot make Alexandra share a room with her and no one will go downstairs alone to sleep. So I got the windows blocked and the crib was set up and I helped Vanessa say her prayers and explained to her that she was going to sleep in this room all by herself. I put her in the crib and she began to cry. It would be so much easier if she was being a brat. Instead she had to cry the saddest cry yelling for me to come and get her. While she cried I got the boys in their bed quickly so I could put on my MP3 player to not listen to Vanessa. After about 10 minutes I give up. Vanessa had gotten out of the crib and gotten one arm out the door which had been wedged shut. I couldn't leave her there. So I rocked her to sleep and put her in my room again. She woke up atleast 4 times but I didn't get her anything she asked for. Normally I would get her a drink or walk her around the house to quiet her. Hopefully she will not wake up as much. BUT this was the first night that Eli went to sleep on his own in his own bed and then slept there all night. He usually lays on the couch next to me until he fall asleep and I carry him to bed. Now for 3 nights he has slept in his own room and doesn't get me up at night.

1 comment:

Crisdee said...

that's such a touchy subject... I can't get Keera to go to sleep in her own bed... it's really annoying... I feel for you! we have given up on trying anything for a while... Keera is in our bed still and who knows when that will stop! I so not like it!!!!!1