Monday, April 28, 2008

Baby Banessa


My sweet baby Banessa. After a few days of antibiotics Vanessa seemed to be fading away. She didn't eat or drink anything, hardly made any noise and just lumped on the couch. It was so weird. I took her into the clinic to see Dr. Kearns. I wasn't going the walk in again. He said that her ears were fine surprised that I was ever told she had an infection. He did an X-ray on her chest and had a nurse come draw blood for some lab work. He figured it was dehydration but wanted to take all precautions. He had the pediatric nurse try to put in an IV so we could avoid a trip to the hospital.



We ended up going into the hospital at 5:30 pm. Friday night. The got the IV in pretty much right away. I thought it would be a nice little break for me. Relax watch a little TV and get a good night sleep on the bed next to her. It's crazy after all these years i still think such crazy thoughts. Vanessa was stuck to the IV machine so she couldn't move more than 3 feet. I did get a little nap in but the nurses come in all night. Vanessa was feeling better about 2 in the morning so she was awake and wanted to be entertained. Fortunately I got her back to sleep around 5 but then I was awake. She slept a bit but then for the rest of the day she wanted to be out of there. It was so hard. I though I was going to go crazy. Vanessa wide awake wanting out of this tiny room. I couldn't even go the bathroom. I had to hold her and keep her from running out of the room and ripping her IV out. She was so restless I think she could have pulled it off. The doctor that had seen her that morning thought they should keep her another night. i think I would have died. they would have to sedate her or find someone else to held her because I would have to leave. But thank you Dr. Kearns for telling the nurses if I thought she was good enough to go home then she could be released. So at 4:00 we headed home. Yeah!!

No comments: