Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A horrible Monday with a nice surprise

Since I only had 2 daycare kids I decided to attempt a trip to the clinic. I am going crazy with my whiny, crying, and now barfing kids. Dr. Kearns was booked so we headed to the walk in. Yeah that's right. Me and five kids to the walk in clinic on a Monday morning. Cael, who's 13 months and Vanessa now 18 months both cried to be held. Eli too was crying but at least wasn't pulling at me. People were looking at me like I was crazy or they were irritated like I had anywhere else I could take them. After one hour of crying and occasionally screaming kids the strangest of things happened. No it wasn't our turn. A large man probably in his late fifties who only spoke Spanish gestured to hold one of the babies. Since I knew my kids wouldn't go for it he held Cael who went right to sleep. This allowed me to calm Vanessa who went to sleep. That man sat with me for the next hour holding Cael. He even offered to help me in the back room but I ran into a friend who went back with us. What an awesome thing that was and he may never know how much that helped me.
Turns out Vanessa had an ear infection as well as thrush. Eli had an ear infection. So after 2 1/2 hours I was sent home with 4 prescriptions, 2 jars for collecting Eli poo to check for a stomach bacteria(yea poo collecting), and 1 giant headache. I was so relieved to be home except my house looked like a pig sty. It wouldn't have really mattered but I noticed my dad must have walked through the entire thing to get to the doors and put on the bolt locks. I am so tired that the last thing i feel like doing after everyone leaves is clean. Not that I really get a chance with Eli and Vanessa still just wanting to be held. And that's more important anyway. My kids are sick and need me to sit and hold them for a while, going on 8 days now. I have a hard time taking care of stuff as Derek will confirm. I misplace things like phones and remotes but when he asked if I can take care of anything I felt good saying Yes, I take care of my kids. All the other stuff is just stuff.

4 comments:

Webster Family said...

What a nice guy. That almost never happens. Usually you get some mean mother who thinks her kids are perfect glaring at you wondering why you can't keep your kids under control. (never mind the fact that they are sick!) It is so nice to hear that there are good people out there. I hope that I am one of those kind of people other than the "mean mother". I am glad that you all are feeling better. Alexandra's cake looked Yummy! Talk to you soon. Love Ya, Candace

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Oh what a handful! I don't think I would survive! By the way, I love the picure of you kids in the snow, especially since all of tem have snow clothes on and then there's Vanessa in a short sleeve shirt and a skirt! Too funny! She so cute, I love her hair. Anyway, hope everyone starts feeling better.
Alisha

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.