Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Break


After a week of the kids feeling sick I got a sore throat. It started Monday morning. The first day I was to have 11 kids here. Fortunately they didn't all make it. I think I would have fallen apart. I felt horrible. But we got through the day. Tuesday wasn't much better. Eli, Vanessa and Isabel (Alexandra's friend) went with us to Alexandra and Xavier's Dentist appointments at 8:00 in the morning. Xavier threw a fit when they wanted to spread some goop on his teeth. I had to pin him down and hold his mouth open. He ended up spitting most of the stuff on me. Thanks. At 10 I took Vanessa to her well check appointment. She didn't get shots because she had a fever of 103. The rest of the day as well as Wednesday are a blur. Thursday and Friday were hectic with all the kids. I had older kids here b/c of spring break so they wanted to go outside a lot. which is fine except our house is surrounded by dirt and a good chunk of that dirt ended up inside. Xavier got sick so he spent one entire day on the couch. Eli has had a fever of 102 for an entire week. He has not slept well at night so just passes out during the day. He and Vanessa fight over me holding them. I hold both and they try to push the other off. Over the week I got little sleep with everyone coughing and crying all night so the house was destroyed. I was embarrassed for anyone to see it. But I was wiped out so rather than cleaning Derek took me out to a movie Friday and Dinner Saturday for a friends birthday. It was so nice to get out without kids. Saturday morning I got up early and hit a few garage sales thinking I would get a nap later in the day. But Alexandra had a soccer game. We were asked by the president of the swimming association if we were interested in getting her on the swim team. She has to start in lessons Monday. I think it will be good for her. Sunday the girls and I went to church while the boys stayed home still a little sick. The afternoon was spent relaxing and recovering. Ugh Mondays.

No comments: