Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Silverwood




What a hectic day. Alexandra and Xavier both earned free admission tickets to Silverwood through the reading program at school. Which is great except my ticket was over $40. We decided to meet up with our friends the Mckinnis family hoping that her older kids would ride the bigger rides with Alexandra. I haven't been to Silverwood in 15 years. I didn't realize how spread out it is. There aren't that many rides there and all my kids are at different stages of rides. Eli wanted to ride the small rides. Xavier was ready for rides like the boat and log rides. Alexandra wanted to hit all the roller coasters. I swear I walked a good 5 miles that day, in circles. I am so grateful my mom babysat Vanessa that day. We rode the rides for most of the day. We had split up. I stayed with my boys hitting the smaller rides while Alexandra went with the others to go on the bigger rides. We met up late afternoon at the water park. Alexandra went on some of the crazies water slides I am not sure I would ever go on. It was a long day. We were heading out about 6 when I asked Alexandra if she had gone on all the rides she wanted. She hadn't even gone on one roller coaster. I felt so bad. I thought that is what they were doing the whole time but they didn't. They had gone on rides but no coasters. So we went back to the rides and she went on a coaster. I should have stayed longer and let her go on all of them but I was wiped out and still had the 3 hour drive ahead. All in all. I won't be going to Silverwood again any time soon.

No comments: