Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ear affection.

Thank you to Kimber and Meg who came over to watch the 6 kids then 10 kids after the bus so i could take Vanessa to the doctor. Vanessa happily played in the waiting room and when they called us back she got right on the scale. 34 lbs now. She spied the sticker drawer and asked for one. The nurse said it was fine to pick one before instead of after. she picked Dora and then grabbed a pencil too then headed straight for the door. "Let's go home now, momma" If only that was enough to make her better this time.

Dr.- So how long has it been draining like this? All over your pillows I bet.

me. at least 4 days.

Dr.- whenever anything starts coming out with tubes you call me right away.

me.- I did call a few days ago and your nurse said that the tubes are doing what they are supposed to do and left it at that.

Dr.- I'll go ahead and slap her for you.

Thank you, I knew I was right. That this ooze is too gross to go away on its own. And I must correct myself that it doesn't smell like wet dog. It smells like rotten fish. It is no longer just oozing but bleeding. Not sure if that is on the inside or surround from her scratching it in her sleep. She screams when I try to pat it with a tissue. The doctor sent the prescription to the pharmacy and we were on our way. Xavier keeps saying she has an ear affection. I think that is so cute because he is so kind to her. He whispers to me that it is dripping and I should wipe it. He doesn't want her to hear and upset her.

No comments: