Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Grandma Sara



Derek flew his Grandma Sara up for a visit. I was a little worried on the timing because it was the same time some of my family was coming in for a visit but staying at my parent's house. I wanted to hang out with everyone and my kids to see everyone. It worked out just fine. Also, I felt bad the first full day she was here because Derek had to work and I had 13 kids running around. She was just fine. She ended up doing my dishes for a week. My least favorite thing to do.



We were able to mix company. Grandma Sara came over to my mom's so everyone could visit. We went on a boat ride all around Moses Lake. One night we went to Micheal's for dinner. I don't get that place. It's like if you want to go out to a nice dinner that is where everyone says to go. I say just because it costs twice as much doesn't make the food any better. I prefer Bob's Cafe any day. Not only was it expensive but the food was blah and it was at least 90 degrees inside. We sat on the balcony with the fresh lake smell. Not good when you order fish.


Another day was spent relaxing at my mom's playing Scrabble and sitting in the yard. One night we hosted a big BBQ with a bunch of Derek's friends. The day before she left we went to Wenatchee to get cherries at Recchia's orchard. That is Derek's dads in laws. The kids sorted cherries. It was really fun. Afterwards we hit Red Robin. One of my other favorite places to eat. When Grandma Sara was walking she was saying that her legs get tired and hurt sometimes. Xavier came up to me and said "Next time you see a shooting star wish for Gramma's legs to get better." I thought that was so sweet.










No comments: