Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Been busy
















We have been pretty busy lately. We finished up soccer. Xavier tried baseball but remained a little too shy. Maybe next year. Derek was able to come home for a short visit. I do mean short. It was only 4 days. I cannot believe he has been gone 2 months now. I took the days off and we just stayed around the house. Unfortunately, all the plants I ordered came in the same day he did and I had to spend part of the time doing yard work. Derek did walk the kids to the park and had a good time with them. We had a BBQ with a few of his friends. Then he had to fly back to Indianapolis. He has since flown to Kuwait, where he is currently. He called from Iceland which seemed way out of the way. When he called I asked how it looked. His response was it is dark. I forget about the whole time zone thing.
Besides yard work, which takes up quite a bit of my time we have been having fun in the warmer weather. I finally got around to taking the training wheels off of Xavier's bike. He was more than ready, it took him a few tries and he was a pro. Now he, Byron and Eli can go on rides up and down the street. Eli rides this awesome tricycle my dad found in Spokane. I will have to get some pics of them riding. Alexandra has already been swimming at a friend's house. She is always on the go. The kids like when I pitch nerf and whiffle balls to them. I hate doing it because they his so hard, even with plastic bats, I am afraid of getting hit. They all have a blast on the trampoline practicing flips. We spend our Sunday evenings down at my parents house. While the adults play Loser the kids play doing whatever with their cousins. Usually trampoline, walking to the lake, and running around.

No comments: