Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter





Needless to say everyone was tired after a late night. The day started off a little strange and disappointing. I wanted us to go to church as a family but the boys were tired and Derek volunteered to stay home with them so they could sleep. My parents spoke in Sacrament meeting and it was absolutely wonderful. I had stressed about Easter eggs and baskets but was reminded of the true meaning of Easter. After hearing talks, songs, and prayers I went to my primary class where I had 5 six year olds wondering if I had brought them candy. I told them the story of Easter and the sacrifice Jesus had made for us. During my lesson I truly felt the spirit testifying to me that what I was saying was true. That the atonement of Christ is true. Christ had suffered and died for me and for my sins. I have never doubted that it was true but the feeling I got was a wonderful reassurance of that truth. It isn't just a story or some historic event with only importance a long time ago. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is just as important today as it was then. We are all to be resurrected to live with our Father in Heaven again. What a wonderful gift we are given. With that thought I had a new feeling returning home to my husband and kids. I felt calm and all the stresses of a holiday disappeared. I had begun to dislike holidays because of the stress not to disappoint. Holidays were a lot easier when I was the kid.
After lunch at my parents and an egg hunt for the kids we returned home where we literally laid around for the rest of the evening.

No comments: