Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I got a Job!!!

I have been planning on starting a daycare when we move into our new house. I have taken all the required classes and bought all the supplies but cannot get certified until we have a home inspection. I cannot get one of those until I have a home. However, a few friends were looking for full time sitters with or without a license. So yeah, they are bringing their kids here. Right now I just have 2 to watch Ava and Chloe, both three. Which is fine with me. It has really opened my eyes to what a horrible mother I have been. Before they came over I could barely muster enough energy to get through most days. I hardly did anything with my own kids. It was just easier to say no when they would ask for me to do things with them than try to do something and get totally frustrated. Now with other kids here I feel like I have to be doing something. We go on walks, fly kites, make cookies, color, read books, and just run around outside. Before my kids would go outside alone, which is okay, but I feel I could have been doing more. I always felt like I had something else I needed to do first. Other things were more pressing. But now i feel like during the day I just need to be a good mom to my kids and that is actually enough. Who cares about all the other stuff. The other part is I cannot yell or get mad at other children so why do I get mad at my own children for the same mistakes. I have the most awesome children in the world and I have the ability and opportunity to be the best mother. It is strange and I am so grateful that I realized that I can be a better mother while they are still young and won't remember much from this age. So babysitting has been a real blessing. My kids like having other kids to play with and I enjoy my own kids so much more.

2 comments:

Webster Family said...

Yeah Keri.....you have always been a good mom and you don't give yourself enough credit. As long as I have known you, you have just had a way with children and they love you. Your kids are no different, infact they love you much much more. I am happy that you feel better about the kind of mom that you are....I have always thought you were great!!!!

camery said...

Good for you! I know you've been looking forward to this for a while now. Are they pretty good girls? I envy your energy, I don't know how you do it!