Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Eli


Eli's birthday was yesterday but we sang to him and had cake on Saturday. It wasn't anything big. He opened his gifts which he loved and had a pinata when one of Derek's friend Mike brought over his boy Reese. Eli is so good at sharing when it comes to candy or any new toy. Mima gave him walkie talkies, grandpa and mima gave him mega blocks racetrack and clothes. Grandma Carlene gave him stickers, books, a poster, and some money. We gave him a book and the lucky duck game which hasn't gone over very well. Vanessa likes to sit in the middle of it and steal all the ducks.
Today Eli and Xavier were using the walkie talkies. Eli is still working on pushing the button when he talks. I took a turn talking with Xavier. I asked him what color things were that he could see in the other room. Then I asked him how many fingers he had. I heard him start counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then static as he passed the walkie talkie to the other had. After 5 more seconds he responded 10. It was so funny to listen to. We are trying to ween the kids off candy and to eat healthier. It's hard during the holidays. I hope that as I try to do better it will be easier for them. The earlier they start the better.

2 comments:

Alisha Marlatt said...

Keri! I didn't know you had a blog! Actually now that I think about it, I remember having a conversation with you like a year ago about blogs. I'm so excited, it's so much easier to keep in contact with friends this way. I have to say, as I tell you every time I see you, that your kids are so beautiful! I will definitely be checking your blog now. Yeah!
Alisha

Webster Family said...

Keri, Thank you for the lotion and nail stuff. I love the smell of the lotion and it works soooo good. I hope that you had a good Christmas and New Years. I will be calling soon, probably today.....if i get a second while Brooklynn is at preschool. Can't wait to see pictures! Love ya, Candace